Work in IT related courses at Key Stage 3 broadly follows the National Curriculum for 11-14 year olds. Students have access to complete and revisit this short course for 90 days. HSOD owns the copyright of the contents of this course and one purchase provides access to the course for one user.
- Learn and be able to discuss and apply knowledge about business and its importance for the economy, entrepreneurs and business planning
- Develop an interest and enjoyment of business subjects
- Understand and appreciate some of the digital technologies used in business
- Gain new practical skills that can be applied to a real-life scenario for a business and be useful for future employment
- An opportunity for young people to be creative and develop entrepreneurial skills through a practical project which involves craft, content writing, graphics design and video editing
- Provide a great introduction and insight for students who are interested in studying GCSE Business related subjects
Course includes: Multimedia, Downloadable presentation & student workbook. Guided answers also provided.
Software & Materials required:
- FREE Email account if students don’t already have one available (how-to video included in course)
- FREE CANVA online account (how to video included in course)
- FREE Movavi account/downloaded (how to video included in course – do not download this until after Lesson 8 as the free trial version is for 30 days). Alternatively, use your own video editing software
- Adobe Reader for PDF
- Empty toilet roll/kitchen roll holders for practical task and Camera to take photographs of completed project work
- Printer (not essential but student may prefer to print and write in workbook) *If working electronically students will need to open the PDF workbook and use a blank Word document to complete activities