Dear colleagues, parents and students. Thank you for visiting our website. I launched GO2Educate in 2017 after taking a career break, following seventeen years as a full time teacher. I embraced the opportunity to refresh my own business knowledge and digital skills back in industry during a new ‘digital age’ where technology have evolved beyond recognition. However, I do dip in and out of the classroom to support schools and universities when the right opportunities present themselves; and to ensure my expertise and appreciation for the current challenges experienced by educators is fresh.
I am an advocate for lifelong learning and someone who endeavours to keep up-to-date with the educational landscape and pedagogy. I enjoy working with people of all ages and enjoy a diverse and varied work schedule. I am currently studying to complete a Level 5 Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring.
My youngest child is currently studying GCSEs and my eldest recently completed his A Levels, now studying part-time on an a Higher Apprenticeship course. Therefore, I very much appreciate the challenges experienced by both educators and parents in their respective roles in supporting young people to navigate the teenage years, subject choices, study and examinations, and moving forward into further study or employment. Our tagline ‘Home School On Demand’ was set up to bring highly qualified subject specialists and an experienced team together who are committed to supporting educators, parents and young people in their journey.
Deborah Fitzsimmons (GO2Educate) Qualifications & Experience
- BA (Hons) 1st Class QTS, MEd, PQH NI. Specialist Subjects: Business & Digital Technology. ILM Level 5 Diploma in Effecting Coaching & Mentoring (Currently a Student Member).
Registered Teacher, Enhanced NI / DBS Checked.
- 20+ Years teaching/tutoring, including 14 Years as Head of Department (2000 to date)
- Self-Employed @ GO2Educate: Educational Consultant & Trainer, Project Manager, Tutor & Resources/Courses Author, Coach/Mentor (2017 to date)
- Core Subject Teaching Experience: Business Studies, Economics & IT/Digital Technology
- Other Teaching Experience: KS3 Mathematics, Careers, RE, Learning for Life & Work
- Educational Leadership & Management Experience: Head of Department, Whole School ICT Coordinator, Senior Management Team Specialist Schools Project, Year Tutor, Assistant Timetabler
- Undergraduate Lecturing Experience: Associate Lecturer Business & Enterprise Team, Stranmillis University College: Business & Economics, Professional Learning & Development, Dissertation Supervisor & Work Placement Mentor (2021)
- Industry Experience: Enterprise Manager/Business Advisor (2019-2022), Cashier/Clerk Banking, Human Resources Officer (1991-1996), Part-time Assistant Financial Accountant/University Warden (1996-2000)
- Additional Educational Related Experience: Associate Assessor Education Training Inspectorate (ETI, Ofsted Equivalent), Assistant Examiner (CCEA), Associate Examiner/Team Leader (Pearson/Edexcel), Project Manager PEACE IV Project, External Trainer Young Enterprise NI, Assistant Youth Worker